Tuesday 19 March 2013

Fabulous flowers workshop

 Well Hello Ladies!
 So flower arranging, something I've never ever tried before! "How did it go?" I hear you cry.
Well sit back and allow me to wax lyrical for five minuets on why flower arranging is one of my new "things"
(Darn you Julie for making it so interesting and floral like)
 I arrived at the Fleur De lis hall a quaint little snug, tucked out of site down a back ally. I arrived with cake, my trusty canon and no clue what to do!
After meeting all the other ladies having a cup of tea served in the prettiest vintage cups! (repeat to self DoNotPutUpJumperDoNotPutUpJumper) And grabbing a chair the workshop began.
Julie started by making a beautiful and effortless (for her) flower arrangement I got to see flowers I've never even herd of and was excited to be let loose on the goodie bag and vase left in my spot on the table!
I sat down next to a delightful woman named Liz who wasn't a novice like myself and gave me some interesting tips and advice.
Then I got stuck in! Julie came round and offered advice, tips and tricks and lots of help, the goodie bags where fantastic a pot, oasis (that green spongy when wet stuff you put the flowers in) cards a little handmade box of twine oooo it was too cute! 
and this was all intersperse with homemade cake and tea off of vintage crockery.
When finished she showed us another great way of arranging then one of the ladies won the arrangement and got to take it home! I very happily took my arrangement home and vowed to go to the next class she does! you can See a bit about Julie here and contact her on fabulousflowers@hotmail.com




Julie explaining  how she made this look easy!




Little hand made boxes filled with a twist of florist twine
Ta Daa! the finished article, which I am delighted with
Julies professionally and beautifully arranged arrangement





The one we all had a go at replicating








3 comments: